Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

10/25/2010

Halloween Open House!

This little guy is from PB. He's cute. 
I don't know if you guys have noticed, but this little blog of mine has reached 250 followers! Yay! I can't believe that back at the end of February the only followers I had were family and friends, and now....well just wow. So I think I will need to think of something to celebrate. Maybe you guys can help. What would you like in order to celebrate reaching 250 followers? Another giveaway? A theme week? A monkey jumping up and down on my head? Sorry, the last was just to see if you were paying attention. :) So anyways, while you guys mull over that...Here's what the front porch, dining room and mantle look like now. They're not over the top crazy for Halloween. I only go over the top for Christmas {which I can't wait for!!!!}, but this is what I've done. :)


Hope you guys enjoy. I think for Christmas I may have to give you guys a full house tour, but for now lets commence with this nickel tour. BTW....this will be a photo intensive post.
 So here's the porch. The  picture on the left is without the flash. Yea, it would have been smarter to snap the pictures while it was still light out, but then you wouldn't be able to appreciate the pumpkins. :) We've added a few. :) 

 The wreath is from Jo-Ann's and was just a plain autumn leaf wreath. I added the bow a few years ago, and the Halloween sign is from Target, that I just layer over the wreath. It comes off, and just the wreath remains for Thanksgiving. There is the galvanized watering can that I got from my grandfather a few weeks ago. The sticks look terrific in it. Dev and I went and found all of them one afternoon. 

 Here are opposite sides of the door. I would like to have added some height to the right side, but I was drawing a blank, and I'm pretty happy with how the front looks right now. :) The stacked pumpkins are from this post.

 Here are the two pumpkins that we carved. Dev picked the designs. A third pumpkin may be added, but it's still undecided. 
 So here are all our pumpkins lit up. So spooky! 

Now on to the dining room!
I kept it pretty simple for Halloween.  

This topiary I made a few years ago. Its just sunflowers, moss and something. I do love a good kissing ball. :) 
This tablecloth was made by Bet, and she embroidered it with all of the spooky shapes after she got her first embroidery machine. 
Halloween decor is just not the same without a jack-o-lantern. :)
The pumpkin is sitting in the center of a maple leaf ring. Look Harrison is reaching for it. 
The pumpkin was painted in gold glitter and then each cut-out was painted with copper paint. Its not so Halloween specific that I have to put it away. This will stay out until Thanksgiving. :) Yay for multi-tasking decor!
So now onto the mantel! This  is the first year I've ever decorated the mantel for any season other than Christmas. I don't think its too shabby for my first time. :) 
These skulls were picked up on whim yesterday. A quick coat of chrome spray paint and voila! Instant blingy spookiness. :) 
Here are the skulls hanging out with the Monster Vases from this post
There's the full mantel! Like I said not over the top, but just a touch. :)
Well I hope you guys enjoyed this little tour. I'm still sorting through all the windows I bought a while ago, but I am definitely going to be moving that piece of art and moving in some of the gorgeousness of those windows, once I find the right ones. I've got the two oldest of the set already picked out, but they need some hefty companions because they're small. More on that later.....Probably a while later, because I've got to get my costume done and then get the pillows churned out!

Have a great day everyone and go craft something!
Heather

1 comment:

  1. love your skulls! (I want them!) and of course LOTS of giveaways! you rock.

    ReplyDelete