Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

10/19/2010

Loving my new toy!

I cannot express how incredibly amazing the silhouette is. I've been having so much fun designing and planning. Unfortunately I have not had time to fully explore all of this machine's awesomeness. I did get to play with some of the heat transfer material on Saturday.

Saturday was a terrific day for one of Dev's very best friends. It was the day of his birthday party, and J is a HUGE fan of anything action figure. So amongst all of the Hasbro merchandise, I included a t-shirt with a transformers twist.



The yellow is flocked and the light blue is smooth. I am loving how it all turned out! It was pretty simple to put on. I set the iron to just below the cotton setting and then set a towel on top. I probably should have used something thinner for the press cloth but the towel did alright.

I'm including the image for transfer for you guys but I'm also going to try and get up the silhouette file, but I'm having some trouble getting it to load up correctly.
Have a great day guys! Hopefully I'll get the other file up soon!
Heather

Participating In:




  


4 comments:

  1. The shirt looks great. Heat transfer looks like so much fun.

    I'd love if you came and linked up this project to my Top-toberfest Show and Tell party. I'm celebrating tops all week long. Feel free to link up any other shirt related projects as well.

    http://leafytreetopspot.blogspot.com/p/top-toberfest.html

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is SO AWESOME! He loves it!!! How many kids can say they have a one-of-a-kind Transformers t-shirt? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boys and their toys. My son would kill for a custom made Transformer shirt. All his mommy can manage are appliques so his custom designed shirts are usually wordless. What a lucky fellow your little guy is.

    http://boyohboyohboycrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, one of my adult friends would love that shirt. He still has all of his childhood Transformers.

    (I'm starting to jones for one of those paper cutter outer machines)

    ReplyDelete