Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

11/03/2010

Press Play to Resume

I was going to share my favoritest chili recipe. I know I already shared the chicken chili, but this one has red meat, but it will have to wait.

I would like a mulligan. A do over. My day back. Yesterday sucked.

First, Stephen found out that one of his closest childhood friends very unexpectedly passed. He honestly scared the hell out of me, because he found out while I was napping and when he woke me up, after I told him that I didn't want to move because I was warm. He'd just gotten off the phone with his friend's mom, and I'm sure you guys can fill in the blanks.

During dinner we got a call from my dad and were told that our last remaining dog from childhood, Rascal, had passed last night. Rascal was 16 or 17 years old. He was such a character. Total goofball. He will be missed.

I had an idea that maybe some great prose would sprout and I'd at least be able to leave you guys with a thoughtful and meaningful ending to this very uncharacteristic post, but I don't have it.

I'm sorry guys, but I'll be back tomorrow with some happiness. For now I need to figure out if I need to change weekend plans.

Much love and happiness to all of you. Give those you love gigantic hugs.
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment