Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

12/28/2010

The best laid plans...

I had been planning on showing you guys my new wreath for the new year, but yea.....that's not going to happen because it still looks like this:
Not very attractive, right?



I'd like it to look like this:
{source}
Or this!
{source}

Even better this one costs a buck!
{source}
And of course there's this, the mecca of all paper cone wreaths. I want my wreath to be this wreath.
{source}
Hopefully I can get my act together and get this thing made. I'd like to have my New Year's mantle done by, well, New Year's. Hopefully working on this wreath during normal daylight hours will assist in getting it done, because rolling those cones while watching a movie that we started at midnight was probably not my best plan.

Wish me luck guys!

Heather

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure it will be lovely when you finish it. I saw them too late for Christmas but never thought about New Years. I might try that, too. Can't wait to see your mantle...on New Years. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! I got into a panicked funk right before Christmas about pajamas for the kids that I was trying to sew. I started knitting a scarf this week and am definitely feeling more enthusiastic for crafting at a slower pace again. Sometimes the Christmas deadline is too overwhelming when trying to get everything else done. Now, because the big day is over, when I get home I'm going to finish those pjs with enthusiasm! The kids aren't going to care if it's a few days after Christmas that they receive them. They might not even realise it! Good luck with the wreath. It's going to look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm so glad I found your blog tonight. Lots of fun to read. Is there a tutorial for this wreath? I would love to try my hand at it, but I'm the type that always needs instructions. :)

    ReplyDelete