Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

12/06/2010

Welcome to the House Tour!

I'm so excited that the Open House is here. I'm also very excited to be sharing our home with you. I'm going to warn you that the pictures for the tour are taken at all  points during the day, so you may see some pictures during the day, evening or at night. Our house faces almost due west so the best light is at opposite ends of the spectrum for either side of the house. :)





Devlin was so excited to put up the reindeer! This is their debut. Aren't they adorable? $15 a piece at Walmart...not to shabby methinks :) 

 Isn't that extension cord to die for? Yea, we definitely need to figure out the power situation for the lights. We're willing to take advice/pointers and tips :) 



I replaced our wreath this year with this little creation. I found the container on clearance at Michael's a few weeks back. I just spray painted it white, then added the silver rub 'n buff to the center area and voila! A new pretty vessel for the bushes of greenery and glitter! :) It's been quite windy here in No. Va. lately so lets get in out of the cold.

Let's start in the living room. :)

This tree used to rotate. The motor died this year, of course, but there's  some other wear and tear on the tree so  we are going to replace this tree next year. Don't know with what yet, but it will probably be a smidge slimmer and taller. My mother-in-law gave me this tree a few years ago, which was pretty amazing  of her. :)




I don't change themes every year with my trees. My trees evolve from year to year, but the theme generally stays the same. This tree has a lot of birds and natural looking elements, but also some Scandinavian and I guess, Country accents. I envisioned bubbles of iridescent ornaments when I first received this tree, then I made went about making the bows and the beaded strands of jeweled ornaments you see.





I have a thing for red and gold. You'll see as you go through the rest of the house, but there are also hints of copper, silver and green. When I found out that I would be receiving this tree, I knew immediately that I wanted magnolias. I love magnolias.  So I have red and gold magnolias scattered around the tree.  Since I'm  a Virginia girl to the soul, I also included bunches of dogwood blossoms.

The tree skirt is an older vogue pattern that I made. I love the simplicity of it, and you can also see the riser that the hubs made, well the vague outline of the riser. :) I like the drapey effect of the tree skirt over it. :)

Oh!  Look who I caught red-handed! Here's Harrison swiping my pewter acorn finial off of the table. He does not look pleased to have been caught. :) 

I am chomping at the bit for tomorrow's tour. Tomorrow I'm doing the dining room and the kid's tree! Yay!  I hope you guys have enjoyed the little bit shown here today. :)  See y'all tomorrow! 


Heather

2 comments:

  1. Your home is gorgeous -- seems like so many American bloggers have huge, incredible homes -- and the decorations are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your container wreath is fantastic! So many inspiring ideas :D Thank you for linking up to "Amaze Me Monday" blog party. I hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete