Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

12/29/2010

Word Play

The wreath is done! I'm so happy with how it turned out too. Granted, its not as full as some of the ones I showed off yesterday, but then again my dictionary was not made up of 8.5 x 11 pages. So without any further ado lets get to the show!

 There are 43 cones on the center and probably close to that many on the outside. I had wanted to buy a 12" MDF form, but when I went to Michael's on Sunday all they had was the 18" size. My poor 1974 dictionary.
I'm actually glad they only had the larger size, because I think that the size of the finished wreath is perfect for the space over the fireplace. So yay! I will be showing off my New Year's Mantle hopefully on Thursday. :)

Have a great day guys!

Heather

4 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous!!! I've been dying to make one of these myself but haven't worked up the courage. Would love to do one with vintage sheet music! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wreath turned out wonderfully! You can use it year-round with your dictionary choice too. Perhaps for New Years you could drape some bells over it to "ring in" the new year.

    Elizabeth
    More Than A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it. your display is perfect.

    -dani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Saw this on the Night Owl Crafts Link Party! :)

    ReplyDelete