Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

1/20/2011

A is for Airplane

Last Friday as the boys and I were all herding upstairs after lunch, Dev asked me if I could put airplanes on his new pillowcase. Well I couldn't tel him no, even though I had other plans for what I was going to do. I really needed to start on the curtains, but his sweet puppy-dog brown eyes were to adorable to not agree. So off I went.

The first thing I did was do a google search for free airplane photoshop shapes. There are a lot of them, I found these WWII planes. Lately we've been finding a lot of models and decor items that are bi-planes and WWII-era planes and Dev has been going insane with enthusiasm.

So I loaded up the new shapes, and set my paper to 11 x 17 paper (love my wide format printer!) and then just went town. I ended up with two sheets of paper, 5 airplanes and 1 line of text. I picked out 5 different paints to go with all of the colors that Dev wants in his room, and then sat there puzzled for about 5 minutes.

What was the best way to get everything on the pillowcase without it looking cluttered or silly? Well I never did figure it out so I just tackled it. :)

Mom-brain moment: After printing everything out on the 11x17 paper I transferred it to freezer paper and then painted. Sorry....it was late last night when I wrote the original post. :)


Here's what I ended up with.
Here's what I started with.
Back to what it is now.
Better? I think so. Here's who it's for. Isn't he adorable?!?! BTW.....that look he has - that's me. That's me if I were a 5-year old boy and wore glasses then. That's what I look like while on the computer and watching tv. Weird how some traits are transferred. :)
Here's who drooled on it, right after he discovered that the pillow had a soft fuzzy spot. Do you want to see it? Scroll down. :)
Here's the soft fuzzy spot that H liked so much. :)
Here are a couple of the planes. :)
 I hope you guys have a terrific day, and maybe today I can finish those durn curtains. As for this pillow....it has survived a week without any mishap! That's good news.....because I'm about to wash that slipcover I made last week. H decided that it needed some banana. Le sigh.
Heather

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award on my blog. I just love your blog and I love all that you do. If you want, come grab the button for it at www.countrybymarriage.com :)
    Deana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures!! I love your pillow. So cute!! :D

    Thanks for linking up to Craftify It Thursday!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I just learned something new.... I have never thought to google for shapes in PHOTOSHOP! I always googled clipart! thanks for making the light bulb so off :D

    ReplyDelete