Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

1/11/2011

One of those people.....

I am beginning to think that I am one of those people. You know those people. The people that are never actually ever done with a room. Those that keep tinkering, messing and perfecting. My house is full of those rooms. I keep changing things. My poor boys. They keep fussing at me for moving stuff around, for being one of those people. Well, I lie, Harrison does not fuss at me. He pretty much goes with whatever I say or do. He may be one of those people as well. :) At least I have some cute company.

Lest I digress any further let me introduce you to the now finished laundry room, sort of. I have put everything into this room that I originally intended to.

There are the machines, wash and dry, and they have come complete with dirty laundry that's waiting to be done! Isn't that grand?!? The lined basket on the shelf is for my dry clean only stuff. I don't have a lot of that type of stuff so the basket is just perfect! It will also probably get used for table linens that need to be washed, as I don't like to do small loads.
You may have noticed that the shelf I had moved to the spot next to the door is now gone again. I ended up hating it there, because I kept running into the crap that we store on it. So it went back behind the doors on the opposite wall.
 Oh I still hate that its there, and I don't like the system, but I might remind you that I am one of those people. :) I'm sure I'll figure something out for the various winter crap. There's a trip to Ikea planned on Friday and I'm certain that we can figure something out. :)

Did you notice some yellow square on that back wall? Are you wondering what it is?

Its my new drying rack! Ages ago I found this tutorial! Its a knock-off of a knock-off! How terrific is that?  I had the beadboard left over from when I built this bookcase, and the plywood behind it was some scrap from another project. The 1x2's we had, and we had a dowel, I just needed to buy one more dowel to complete the picture. Oh yea. I also had those knobs. I was going to do something else with them, but the rack seemed a much better use for them. :) The paint is also a good buy. Oops paint from Lowe's. The Lowe's in Gainesville seems to screw up the best colors. :) Oh well, their screw up my opportunity!

There are still a few changes I want to make. I think I'd  like to add some art work to that window once I find the perfect art work that is, and that light. I'm not the biggest fan of that light, but I also have not found the perfect light, so the hunt continues. Maybe one day while I'm out and about inspiration will strike and I will be force, yes forced, to buy a light to replace that hideousness. :)
Some color here would be amazing! 
Do love my angel plaque though! I used to have one of these in my car, but I have no idea what happened to it. This is over the door to the garage.
I hope you guys enjoyed the tour of the laundry room again. I'm so glad that its finally officially off the list. Go look. I marked it off! Its amazing! I am seriously liking the fact that I'm keeping track of this list now. :)

Have a great day guys!

Heather

7 comments:

  1. I need this yesterday! I love, love, love this project! So smart and what a space saver for tight laundry spaces like mine. This is now on my to-do list. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great!

    i am also one to never have a room complete. but, for me, that's the fun of it.

    i'm always moving things around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The latch on the top was brilliant! What a cute and functional piece! Nice job!

    ;) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome! I want one too! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need to sell those! Super cute!! Thanks for linking up to Sassy Sites- Trash to Treasure Tuesday! We are doing a LABEL giveaway today, so come back and check it out!

    xoxo!
    Marni @ Sassy Sites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I truly adore those drying racks. I love the yellow beadboard. I'm putting your drying rack in the PoPP Spotlight this weekend. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love this idea! I really want my laundry room re-done! Thanks for linking up to Hoo's got talent, I featured this today! Hoot Hoot!

    ReplyDelete