Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

1/12/2011

Really Target?!?!??!

So I got my hair did today! Yay! Of course I had some errands to run after my appointment. I had to go to Target for diapers, a sugar storage thingy (very technical), a toaster (we pitched our last one) and a humongo box of gummies for the boys. Instead I came home with like $160 of crap stuff. Not that I didn't need all of it. I mean really. I needed to get that boy cookie pan full of team pennants, jerseys and rockets. It was only $2.48. I mean really. I couldn't pass that up. Then there were the set of full sheets. Dev needed those, because I need to wash his sheets and I know there's no way I'm going to get them done in a day, and really, what kind of mother would I be if I let my kid sleep on a bare mattress? ;-) Then there were all the clearance winter clothes for H. I mean I can't make that stuff for $2.80. That wouldn't have even covered the gas to get anywhere to buy the fabric. Luckily I did get everything I was supposed, and then some as I'm sure we've all done, but that's not why I'm complaining. I mean I know I'm going to veer off my list and spend more, and Target expects it, but why on God's green earth have swimsuits already been put out?

There's a rack or two in the toddler section full of swimsuits and swim shirts. Really!?!?!??! We had an ice/snow storm YESTERDAY! Did you hear that Target? There's ice and snow outside. Also how is any parent going to know what size their ever-growing infants or toddlers are going to be when warm weather comes around....in May???? Yea.....4.5 months away.....maybe other parents are going to know their kids sizes but I'm not? I mean I have a good feeling that H may be in 24 months, but he may still be in 18 months because he has NO waist. I mean he has a butt.....but even that's small {hardy har}.

So yea.....that's why I have a random post tonight, because Target is insane.  I'm going to go back to writing tomorrow's post now. :)

Heather

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only person Target has that effect on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing about swimsuits, but, as it turns out, a ton of my friends are jetting south in the next month, and they've all been buying new suits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Canada I'm a Wal-Mart junkie and have the same trouble - cannot leave that place without spending $100! (I wish we had Target but it could make things more tempting...).

    I take the kids for swimming lessons in the winter and I actually need a bathing suit for my daughter so I am glad (don't freak!) that there are bathing suits in the winter. There are also a lot of people who go down south this time of year (I wish I was one of them).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just at Target yesterday and saw SEVERAL racks of what looked like new (not clearance) bathing suits in the junior's section. Are they trying to get people motivated to diet for Spring Break already or WHAT?! Who would buy a new suit right now!? But alas, I'm guessing from your successful shopping trip you are with me in still loving Target.

    ReplyDelete