Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

3/26/2011

How did you start?

So cruising a discussion group for crafty moms and a question was posed as to whether or not your Mom was crafty, so I got the thinking. How did we all first get into our crafts?

My mom and grandmother taught me to sew, but my great grandmother also sewed and she got her skills from her mom (my great-great grandmother) who was a seamstress in the early 1900's.

So that's how I got into crafting, that and a need. Clothes are expensive, so are bed linens and table linens and curtains! :)

How did you guys get into your crafts?

Heather

2 comments:

  1. My mom and I did some crafting when I was little. I don't recall my grandmother being much of a crafter though. I think it's just in my blood!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great question! My mom sewed a lot when she was a teenager because she had no money for clothes. But her mom couldn't sew at all. Once my mom was married she stopped sewing and never bothered to teach me (hence why I can't sew!) My mom is really creative, and gave me that. But she's definitely not a crafter. No idea where I got it!

    ReplyDelete