Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

3/09/2011

I Really Made That!

So I'm sure some of you have seen this hair band around bloggy land.

I love the simplicity of the design, but not the hair wrap part, so I put my version on a headband. :)



So here's what I did to put this beaut on headband. :)

I measured my headband and then multiplied that by 5. Then I cut 3 lengths of yarn to that measurement. Then I spent a while braiding the long length. :) Yea...I don't know how to knit. :)

So after all the braiding was done, I followed the directions from Cami to make the knot. Oh and I cut my braid so that the knot ended up being slightly off-center, then followed the directions from Cami. :)
Isn't that a pretty knot? Yellow seems to be my favorite color lately. I have some cute  ballet flats this shade of yellow as well. :)
I don't know if you can see it but the knot is going to sit on the right side of my headband. Yes, my headband has its sides labeled because its one of those swanky ones that have the no grip sides (I get headaches from headbands), but really it was the only black plain one that Target had when I dashed off to make this craft at the spur of the moment. Yay for pre-planning. :)
Next I hot glued a length of ribbon to the back of the headband. I made sure to leave enough to wrap around everything.

Then I glued the yarn pieces down to the ribbon and snipped the ends just above the edge of the ribbon. Next I wrapped the ribbon around the yarn ends. Don't you just love the hot glue threads all over my thumb?
Then I just spot glued around the headband as I think it needed it. I did make sure to glue the knot down though.
So there's the completed headband. By the way....this is the first piece of hair crap I've ever made :) I'm so excited. I even went out and bought some more headbands to alter. :)  Oh and I got a new haircut. :) I got tired of straightening my hair.

Ta Da!
So me taking a picture of myself is not the best idea, but at least you get the idea. :) The cut is very 20's or 30's and is super easy to do, because I don't have to do anything to it other than add gel to stop the frizzy mess of curls that I get to call my hair. :)

Now I'm going to think up some more things to alter. :) Have a great day gals!
Heather

3 comments:

  1. This is fantastic and actually do-able! I'm new to your blog and a big, big fan. I just might make these headbands at my monthly craft group. I think everyone would love it! Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that is really original...visiting you via Night Owl Crafting...have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete