Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

3/03/2011

Please Help Me!!!!

Ok guys....I know you're going to help me out here. I really really really hope that you do, because I am having a problem with my kitchen island, especially since getting the back splash done.

You see its bugging me. Its boring. And I don't like that.

It needs something more. It needs to stand out a bit. It needs presence.

There's a catch. I can't do anything to the cabinets per the hubs. Yes...I'm annoyed at that. Very annoyed, but there's not much I can do and he's not budging. Grrrr. We wonder why Harrison growls. He gets it from me! I growl in person too. :)


So here's the problem.


What's the solution?

Anyone? Please help me. I had thought to put bead board under there as well as adding some corbels or something to beef up its presence, but I just don't know! I would like to paint the island a different color, and I had been thinking of antique white, but I feel like I would get tired of that real quick, and that would not help my case. Then I thought about a soft muted cypress green, and again. While I may love the idea of this color. I may grow tired of it quicker than I would like.

I love the islands that are painted black, but I fear that since my kitchen is already painted such a strong dark color that they would be competing and that would not be good. I do love kitchen islands that are painted a bright cheery color, but I don't know what color would work. It hasn't jumped out at me and said, "Hey Stupid! I'm right here!" Yes, my color would probably speak to me in such a rash tone.

I am leaning towards the color that I picked for the hallway. What do you guys think?


So I need some help. I want to add some architectural elements and color. So I'm reaching out to all of you. Please help me!

Heather

PS - Happy Birthday Mom! I hate that you're in the Caribbean right now but I hope that you're having fun! Love you!

PPS - Happy Birthday Alison! Hopefully you're home enjoying time with your babies but if not then stay safe!!!

3 comments:

  1. If you aren't to sure what you really want to do with it and you want to change the color maybe take some fabric or even wallpaper and just tack it up on there and use molding/trim to hold it up on there
    then that way if you don't like it or get tired of it you can change it out....or even make curtain panels and hang them around it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. corbels and a cool stencil technique would give it some oomph!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what about painting it in blackboard paint but in a color that comes from your new tile backsplash?

    ReplyDelete