Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

4/06/2011

$5 Terrarium

So we know that terrariums are still big decorating items. Pottery Barn uses them all the time in their advertising, and they're all GORGEOUS!
{source}
{source}
{source}

Ok who doesn't want one? Who doesn't want to spend +$50? ME!!!! So in the same trip to the Salvation Army that I found the brass candlesticks for the Armillary, I found a large hurricane vase for $2! Done!

I knew exactly what this hurricane was going to become. My very own terrarium, but first a trip to the Dollar Store. At the dollar store I found some faux moss covered rocks and a potted plant. I picked up two packages of rocks and then one plant (the same plant I might add as the ones I found for my Mother's Day Table last year). So $3 spent so far. $5 for those keeping track. :)

Add a bit of gravel for height and combine all ingredients of wonderfully simple and adorable terrarium. Display on a shelf, out of reach of Small Fry, for impact. :)

Here's my terrarium -


LOVE!!!!

Ok I hope you guys enjoyed my little terrarium. I certainly am! :) Have a great day guys!

Heather

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant! I love it. Sounds like we were both doing the same thing...check out what I found at our local thrift shop! I'm in love.
    xoxo Beth

    ReplyDelete