Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

5/10/2011

A Pair of Silhouettes

Don't you love facebook? I do. It has allowed a lot of us to reconnect with people we would have otherwise lost touch with, whether by choice, time or just because things happen. 

This is the case with today's post.

A while ago, and I don't remember who friended who, but facebook reconnected a classmate and I.  Well we got the talking and then about a week ago she asked me about making a couple of silhouette pillows for her mother.  She snagged a couple silhouettes, scanned them and I then I turned them into pillows.

And without sounding to proud of myself - I did a pretty good job. :) I'm the epitome of humility, aren't I?  ;-)

So here are a few pictures. I even managed to remember to take a few during the process. :) 
The pillows are 18" square and made of muslin.  We were going to add embellishments, but decided after the first picture was taken that they were perfect as is. What do you guys think? Did we get it right? 
It doesn't really matter, because the pillows were met with rave reviews and my friend's mother loved them, and that's all that really mattered. :) 

Well I'm super excited about tomorrow's post. I'm showing off some identical shorts {outfits} for the boys, and the super adorable pictures that another friend took of the boys. 

I'm also excited to share with you guys, that Dev asked me to teach him how to sew, so we are almost finished with that project. I ran out of fiber-fil. Sadness. 

I'll see you guys tomorrow! 
~Heather

8 comments:

  1. Great job! I've never attempted silhouettes, but I sure want to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a GREAT job! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your post through a blog party and LOVE it! I'm so excited to try to make silhouettes at some point. Your's turned out flawless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She'll keep those forever. How precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to do silhouettes. I love how you put them on a pillows. I know her mother will love them and yes FB is great. I've reconnected with a lot of old friends.

    I am stopping by from The Shabby Chic Cottage and I am a follower.

    When you have a moment, come on by my blog. I just finished my first jacket (Burda pattern) and will be posting my newest creation tomorrow. http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.com/2011/05/quilted-coat-finished.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found you through under the table and dreaming linky party and love this. I have had my eye on these I really should just make some. I pinned you in my pinterest files so I will remember. Come and say hi I love visitors
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would love for you to stop by to visit me... http://bestpartofbelieveis.blogspot.com/ I am your newest follower!! Hope you follow back!!

    ~ Nikki

    ReplyDelete