Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

10/26/2012

Easy Treats


Howdy folks.  I haven't been up to anything big this week, but lots of little things have been happening.  Let's get right to it!

First and foremost, I had another anti-Starbucks victory--homemade pumpkin spice latte.  I feel especially proud of this one because it was ALL ME!  That's right, I didn't use a Pinterest recipe or anything.  What's better than that is that I didn't use pumpkin puree like so many recipes call for.  I've had PSL copycats that use pumpkin puree and it's quite bitsy.  That's a problem I figured out a way around.  I feel so proud of this incredible feat that I almost don't want to share my secret.  Food is meant to be shared, great food doubly so.  That being said, here it is, my big secret ingredient...


Yes!  It's like apple butter but more committed to autumn.  This works so great, and it's from the farm where I do a lot of my grocery shopping.  I got this idea from the farm chef, Richard (I've spoke of Richard before when I shared about my beet revelation), when he told me about a cocktail he made using pumpkin butter.  Genius!

Dana's Pumpkin Spice Latte
2 shots espresso
16 oz milk
1 tbsp pumpkin butter

Add the espresso to the milk and heat (I just toss mine into the microwave for two minutes).  Then stir the pumpkin butter into the hot latte.  Go to your nearest Starbucks and enjoy rubbing it in their faces.

AMAZING!!!  That is all you need to know.

I've also been playing with sandwiches lately.  Sandwiches are kind of an untapped treasure in my repertoire   I generally just do PB&J's with fancy jam.  I've had some great sammies while out recently, though, and I thought to myself, Why don't I do this?  So I've started.  Generally my system is to put a bit of protein with a special cheese and a fruit spread.  Yes, fruit.  Why?  Because it's delicious!  A little touch of sweet with savory is incredible.  My recent favorite is pork with buttermilk cheddar and cherry fruit spread.  I also like to use Genius by Glutino's GF seeded bread.

So that's what I've been up to this week.  What are your favorite simple but fantastic fixes?


No comments:

Post a Comment