Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

12/04/2012

Vintage Map Ornaments

So now that its December, I figured I'd continue on with my Christmas posts and the decorating there of. The big trees are up, but the small finishing touches are still being put in place. Different this year is that I cleaned out a lot of  my older and not so favorite ornaments. 

While visiting one of my favorite Christmas inspiration spots, I spotted some great simple ornaments. They were a cardboard disc with the vignette of a dog's head printed on it and then trimmed out in silver tinsel garland. I should also mention that the tree these ornaments were on was a champagne colored tree! Champagne! Trimmed out in ivory, silver, glass and crystal. Love! 

Anyways back to the ornaments I'm copying. So I knew that I could make these cardboard ornaments for cheaper than $6 a piece. I had some paper mache' discs from Michael's, Target had the gold craft tinsel, and The Graphics Fairy had the vintage map images. Then it was simply a matter of some mod podge and hot glue. 

I'll show off the tree these cute little guys are on after the house is put together, but for now, look how simple and sweet they are.

Heather

Linking up to:

The Graphics Fairy

No comments:

Post a Comment