Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

1/10/2013

Hey Ferb, I know what we're going to do today.....

So how many of us know Phineas and Ferb?  I do! I do! I do!

Actually I may like the show as much if not more than the boys do. It reminds me of the awesome cartoons that I used  to watch as a kid. BTW, total disney freak. Loved Darkwing Duck, Duck Tales, Tale Spin, Chip  & Dale Rescue Rangers, TMNT (the original cartoon series), GI Joe, etc.....

So when these new cartoons started coming on, well, I just couldn't stand them. Until Phineas and Ferb. I love Candace and I actually really love Dr. D and all the songs.

Harrison and  Dev decided  that they both wanted Phineas and Ferb birthday parties, but definitely not the same party. So Harrison had  Phineas and Ferb, Devlin had an Agent P party, but being as I decided to have his party 3 days before Christmas, I did not go all out like I usually do. I did make some pretty awesome birthday invites, and we had cookies for our goodie bags, and a neopolitan birthday cake. :)

I googled some birthday invite ideas and this is what I came up with:
It was pretty simple and I could fit 2 of these invites on a 4x6 photo, so it was pretty cost effective to print out as well.

Then it was time to make the cookies for the goodie bags.
 I used a box sugar cookie mix and just made a whole bunch of circle sugar cookies that I then decorated with royal icing. I think they turned out pretty well. :)
The cake was another matter. Dev wanted neopolitan cupcakes for his class when I brought in cupcakes, well I had enough batter left over from those that I was able to get a cake out of it as well.
I know that it says, Happy Dev, but when we brought out the cake at the party, we had a candle that said 7, so it really said Happy 7, Dev!  Hey, it works in a half-ass kind of way.

The  cake was gobbled up and really that's all that matters.

Here are some pictures of things we saw on Dev's actual birthday. The boy wanted to head back to the Natural History Museum at the Smithsonian, so that where we spent the day.
 These are butterflies from the live butterfly exhibit in the insect wing.
 that's a big mammoth from the ice age exhibit
There's Dana with the boys in front of a triceratops skeleton!

I'll be back with more stuff that we did on Christmas break later!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment