Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

12/10/2013

Paper Dahlia Ornaments

So anyone who knows me, knows that there are certain flowers that I just love. Poppies. Gerbera Daisies. Dahlias.

I've decorated with all of these flowers before, but dahlias seem to be the ones that I craft first, then decorate. They're easy to create from a multitude of materials. This dahlia pillow was created from felt. So when I {PINNED} this dahlia wreath, I knew I wanted to make it. I just didn't know it'd be in the form of an ornament.

This project is so simple, but it is a bit time consuming. Making all those paper cones can be tedious. Luckily, with the new baby and all the hubs and I had some major tv show catching up to do. So while we were catching up on all of our shows, I just sat there and made tiny paper cones from my 1974 dictionary. Love this dictionary.


After I got all my paper cones made, I glued them down to 3" wooden circles and was done. Or so I thought. Then I came across some gold GlitterBlast spray paint I had. Tee Hee. After a couple of shots of the glitter, my ornaments were done!


Love these things! It sure is hard to capture how glittery they are tho!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment