Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

11/09/2015

The Monday Report - Winter Training Week 4

The Monday Report

How do you know that you're entering another busy season for the family?

Everything has to get prioritized.

Including exercise.

Usually exercise makes the cut, and I'm happy about that.

Some days, though. Some days you need the exercise if only to have a bit of time to yourself, but, of course, sometimes that doesn't always work out.

Sometimes you just need to force yourself.

That was kind of the case last week. I wanted to work out, but there's a crapton to be done around the house and in preparation for the coming holidays, and I got 3 out of 5 workouts in, but I may fudge that and say 4 out of 5.

So let's get on with it.


The Rundown


The Rundown Collage

Tuesday - I tried out a new class, BarreOne. It was a lot of fun. Painful, but fun. I say painful, but its only because I'm not used to using my muscles like that. It was a great class though, and I'm excited to take it again.

Wednesday - This was a day I had to force myself to get the workout in. I was a little stiff from Barre, but I knew I needed to work on my core some more. Enter PiYo: Core. Ugh. I'm stupid. That is freaking hard. Do you know how hard it is to suspend a 4' long leg above your head? Its freaking hard. My abs hurt. I hate you Chalene Johnson. I don't. I do a little. Definitely felt these two workouts the next day.

Saturday - Scouting for Food with my Big Guy! I didn't wear the right shoes, and we walked at least a mile, maybe a smudge more, around the neighborhood. It was raining. A lot. I got soaked, but that's not even the worst part. The worst part was my idiotic decision to wear my super fun glittery converses. They're so pretty. They are not good for walking in the rain around your hilly neighborhood. I will feel this poor decision for many, many, many days.

Sunday - Because I didn't get my long run in on Saturday, Sunday was the day to knock that little beast out. Only it wasn't that much of a long run. I was supposed to run for 45 minutes or about 4 miles, but I only ended up doing 3.18. I hurt. My ankles, knee, hips, lower back. It all hurt. I blame Saturday. I didn't let it slow my pace though. I stayed pretty true, but I did back off after the first mile, because that was a touch fast. My sister ran a 5k down in Nashville, so I figured I'd run one too. Just to pretend I was able to run with her. We actually would've paced pretty well together. Both of us finished in just over 35 minutes.

So that's the week. I'm not displeased with how it went. I'm shooting for the same or better next week, so I'll just leave you with this little gem today.

Motivational Moment


Have a happy Monday y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment