Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

3/17/2016

Fit 4 Thursday - Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats

Fit 4 Thursday

I'm back with another version of my overnight oats. I decided on this combination, as I was making the oats.

What I love about this recipe is that the base is always going to be the same. It also helps that the base recipe is 1:1:1. 1/3 of everything.

You really can't get simpler than that.

So here's how I started my day on Saturday.


Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats


Ingredients

  • 1/3 C Old-Fashioned Oats
  • 1/3 C Milk (Skim, Almond, Whole - doesn't matter just use your fave - I like Unsweetened Vanilla Almond)
  • 1/3 C Plain or Vanilla Greek or Regular Yogurt (vanilla is my go to)
  • 1 Medium Banana
  • 1 Tsp Chia Seeds
  • Small Handful Slivered Almonds
  • 1/3 C Sliced Strawberries (mine were frozen)
  • Cinnamon
  • Honey or Agave (I used honey)

Directions

  1. Pick a container that will not leak or break when you shake the ever living crap out of it. Mash half of the banana into said vessel.
  2. Add the Oats, Milk, Yogurt, Chia Seeds, and Strawberries. Add a good dash of cinnamon, or your preference, to the concoction. 
  3. Close up your jar, bowl, or whatever you're using and shake the ever living crap out of it. I like my oats well blended. I sometimes turn it into a quick arm exercise. Place in refrigerator and let it make it's magic overnight.
  4. Top with almonds, and a bit of honey, to taste, the next morning. 

A couple of notes - 

  • I don't like cold oats, so I zap my jar after the last step for a minute in the microwave. The jar gets hot, but the oats aren't. I stir the mixture and then dig in. The oats are the perfect temp. Not to hot and not too cold. 
  • I've also added nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice in place of and in addition to the cinnamon. They're all delicious. My Banana Walnut Overnight Oats recipe is {HERE}.
  • Some recipes tell you to let the jar rest for 8 hours in the fridge before digging in. I'm not always that great of a planner, and I've dug into my oats after only 5 hours. They've still been delicious. 

I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I did.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment