Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

4/07/2016

Fit 4 Thursday - Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats


I'm blessed when it comes to be able to rely on my people. I have 2 people that I lean on a lot when it comes to the night before a race. My husband and my sister.

However, Saturday night they were both busy! How dare they have lives! Don't they know I have a race tomorrow? Please read, see, feel the sarcasm dripping from these words.

I love that they were out, and that they took the time to talk to me while I had my regularly scheduled pre-race freakout. Of course, my husband was going to be coming home and then waking up early with me and the kids to trek to DC with me, but my sister was out at a friend's house and still talked to me.

I freaked out when I realized I'd forgotten to buy more gels, and the boys were already in bed, and hubs was still out. I called him and without even saying hello, quizzing him if he was going to be home before midnight, and if he could please pick me up the fruit punch gatorade gels that were in the sports drink aisle at Wegmans. I didn't realize I was on speaker, and my dear sweet friend's husband got to hear what a mess I am the night before a race. Luckily, they missed the conversation between my sister and I.

My sister was out, and I tried calling her. She didn't answer, but instead texted back, that she's busy and what's up? I basically vomited everything that was running through my head in the text back to her. She called me immediately. We talked through my outfit for the next day. How many layers should I wear? Am I over thinking this? [yes]

She then helped me create a new overnight oats concoction. After I had the overnight oats done, I let her off the phone so she could go back to being a perfectly lovely guest. I'm a terrible older sister. Sorry to your friend, because I monopolized your time for a bit, but I love that you did that for me! It's why you're my person!

So here's what we came up with! Peanut butter banana is one of my favorite flavor combos. I love the Ben & Jerry's Greek FroYo Peanut Butter Banana, so why not try to whip up a breakfast with that same flavor profile?


Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats



Start with base recipe - it's always the same. 1/3 of everything

  • 1/3 C Old Fashioned Oats
  • 1/3 C Milk (doesn't matter what kind, I used Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk)
  • 1/3 C Greek Yogurt (I used Vanilla flavored)

Then the additions

  • 1 Banana
  • 2.25 Tsp Powdered Peanut Butter Powder
  • Cinnamon (to taste)
  • Small handful Roasted Salted Peanuts
  • Drizzle of Honey

Directions

  1. Mash half of the banana into your shakeable, sealable container. Add the base ingredients, peanut butter powder, and cinnamon. 
  2. Slice the remaining banana and add to the oat mixture. 
  3. Shake the ever-living crap out of it. Put in refrigerator until breakfast time. 
  4. Top with peanuts and drizzle of honey. 
Enjoy! These were so good! I actually feel like I could've gone a little heavier with banana flavor. Maybe a slightly bigger banana would've been good. The most recent batch of bananas are not as big as the bananas I usually get. I also nuked my oats for a minute before adding the peanuts and honey. I like warmish oats! Oh, and there's like, maybe, a bite left when I remembered to take the picture of them.

I've got several long runs planned in the coming weeks, and I've picked up some fun yogurt flavors. I'm hoping that they'll inspire some new recipe ideas! 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment