Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

5/17/2016

Pattern Review - McCall's 6966

I guess Mother Nature decided we hadn't had enough rain, because it's raining here again. Sigh. At least I was able to take advantage of the two days of sun that we did have. It was gloriously warm and bright. So I decided to take advantage of the break in the weather by donning the skirt I'd just finished.



The skirt is simple, yet so versatile, and the pattern would be a great intro into working with knits.

It's not a difficult pattern at all, and honestly probably wouldn't have taken me more than 2 hours to complete from start to finish. Of course, I didn't get to work on it all at once. I'd spend a half hour or so on it at a time, but even still it didn't take me more than 2 days of stealing time to work on it.

I had some knit fabric lying around, not doing anything, and decided that I'd finally do something with it. So I decided on view A, because that's all the fabric I had for it, but decided that I wanted the gathered yoke. I may have to go back and make the maxi length of this skirt out of a stripe, because I really like the effect of the stripes cut on the bias and then zig-zagged together.



So there's my super cute and versatile skirt. Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment