Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

9/18/2017

Sunflower Grapevine Wreath


My Big Guy loves sunflowers which is why several years ago, I made this Sunflower Rope Wreath {HERE}, but it was starting to fall apart after 7 years so it was time to create a new wreath. While searching for floral inspiration for my sister's reception, I came across a Summer Floral Wreath {HERE} on Michaels.com and knew that this was the wreath design I wanted for my new sunflower wreath.

Instead of the summer flowers they used, I picked up a bunch of sunflowers, cosmos, and greenery. Sorry, I don't know what the two bunches of greenery I got were called, but I liked how all the bunches looked together, so that's what I went with. It's a very scientific method. Oh, I didn't add the bird the original instructions had, mostly because I didn't find one that I loved, but there was an owl that I did almost buy for this wreath.
So then I just followed the directions for the summer floral wreath and VOILA! I have a  new late summer/early fall wreath that I love.

I love that it's asymmetrical and happy. I could have probably added more of those white spikey flowers, but I'm not that fussed about it.
Hopefully, this wreath will last me as long, if not longer than my last wreath. My Big Guy also likes it.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment