Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

12/11/2017

DIY Christmas Wreath


I meant to write this post a while ago, but man December is flying by! Christmas is two weeks away!

Well maybe you don't have a Christmas wreath up yet, or maybe this wreath will inspire you to make another wreath. That's what happened with me. I saw a fall wreath and I liked it, so I said I want to do something like that for Christmas.

I dismantled {THIS} wreath not too long ago and decided that I would reuse the rope wrapped wreath. I also decided that I would repurpose it as my Christmas wreath. Of course, I had no plan beyond that at the time.

Then while perusing Michael's app on my phone for ideas, I came across this fall wreath and I was smitten.
{Project Page}

So the first order of business was to actually get the supplies, so I took Small Fry out with me to Michael's because I had a 20% off your total purchase coupon and as luck would have it, Christmas picks were the doorbuster deal that day and they were 60% off! Score!

Then we spent the next 45 minutes or so looking at the same picks and decorations until we both agreed on something. I wanted something a little rustic and simple. Small Fry had his own ideas. Somehow we met in the middle.

So once we got home, all of the decorations sat until after Thanksgiving. I was really on the ball that way. So once I finally got around to making the wreath, I was on the phone with my sister and she got to help me lay everything out.

Thank goodness for technology. I'm talking to her on the phone and sending her pictures of the progress for her feedback. Teamwork!

I started with the rope wreath that I'd taken apart and then followed the directions for the wreath on the project page, and the wreath slowly came together.



I think the whole time I said I wasn't sure about the icy branch garland, but in the end, I'm glad Dana talked me into it.



Small Fry insisted on the star, and I wanted the owl. I love them both and it's simplistic and rustic enough for me.


I really love that owl!

Thanks so much for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment