Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

7/06/2018

Pattern Review - Kwik Sew K3998


So it's day 4 in my ACL recovery journey, and I figured it was time that I start writing some of these blog posts that I've been hoarding since I knew I'd be stuck on my butt for a while.


I actually got this pattern done last month, but I got a lot of things done last month in my mad rush to get things done before knee day. I got so many things done that I hope I don't leave anything out.

So this pattern is not difficult and it goes together super quick. The only thing I will say is that I did measure my girl before cutting out the pattern, but I should have made a size bigger.

The pattern is well written, and it is a good introduction to making swimwear.

Swimsuits are fun to sew up because you encase the cotton elastic inside the seam allowance and they usually go together super quick.


The first rendition of this pattern did not fit her lengthwise, and it looked like one of those wrestler outfits. Not a good look.

So I chopped the one piece in half and made it a two-piece number. Voila! The project is saved.

After chopping the suit in two, I realized I shouldn't have cut it right at the seam where the flounce is, but 3/4" above the seam so that the elastic wasn't going to be encased in the flounce, but cest la vie.

My girl loves her suit, and that's all that really matters. It's not going to grow with her, and it'll only be for this season, but that's ok with me because I was able to use up some more of my stash on this project. I also probably still have enough of each of these fabrics to make her another swimsuit for next year.



Thanks so much for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment