Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

3/10/2011

Stack'em Up!

So it might have been like a year ago that I bought a broken tiered copper serving dish. Yes, I said a year. What's worse was that to fix this poor dilapidated thing was easy. Easier than easy. I know we've all seen them. Glue a candlestick to a couple of plates and voila! Instant tiered serving dish. I know..I'm lazy. I've accepted  it. :)

I may have also added a finial, but only because my copper plates had holes in the center of their plates. :)

So I started with painting the candlestick and the finial and then the glue came out. Let the gorilla gluing begin!

Isn't my oh-so-awesome weight adorable?
How about this weight? It was a balancing act, and this is when I glued the plate to the counter. Woops.
Look how pretty the light is off of the copper. :) I love  my fixed platter. :) Here are some more close-ups of the plates.
Love the stamping!

So does anyone know how to fix a slight glue blemish on my counter top? At least I can admire my pretty platter. :)

Have a great day guys!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment