Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

1/13/2011

Chugging Along!

I am so impressed with  myself. Im.Press.Ed. I knocked off two things from my list today!

I'm on such a roll.

I'm very humble, aren't I? :)

So here's what I did today. I updated the lamps in our bedroom with a couple of brooches that I got for a buck from Michael's. You have to love the clearance jewelry section. :)
 

Updating the lampshades was easy. I put a dab of fabric glue at the back of the shade then put down the silver satin ribbon. This ribbon is also holding up the 'B' in the room. Then I added some organza ribbon and glued that down in the back. Then I just added another couple of dabs of glue to the front where the ribbons overlap. Easy peasy. After that I just sewed the the brooch on. Yes, I said sew. I am apparently not capable of pinning a brooch onto the ribbons I had just glued around the shade, so I just added a couple of loops of thread. Viola! Perfection. I love the little glitzy glamor that the lampshades have now. :)

Oh wait. I didn't show you guys what they did look like. Here you go.
Isn't this better?

Back to old.

The New.
Do you want to see what those pictures are not showing you?

Really? Are you sure? Well if you insist.
A big 'ole mess! I did laundry. Can't you tell? Some of it has been folded, some hasn't, and none has been put away. Awesome! Guess what I'm doing just as soon as I'm doing with this post? Guess who also plans on writing the longest post. ever. I think I could make this thing go on forever. Ok maybe not, I'm already bored with trying to drag it out.

The second thing I did was add buttons to the bottom of the duvet I made back in May. The duvet is incredibly heavy and perfect for the blistering cold weather we've had, but I ripped off the Velcro a while ago, because it was not sticking. So today I just added 7 buttons, equally spaced, to the bottom of the duvet where the Velcro had been and Ta Da! The duvet is back in action. Yay! I can't wait to snuggle under the glorious heaviness of that blanket. :) Although I have decided that I need to make a summer duvet. Great another thing for the list. :) Oh and no...I didn't take any pictures of the beautemous buttons or button holes. I figure you guys got the idea from the pics above. :)

I hope you guys have a great day today! I'm now going to try and think of better things to do than to fold laundry. Oh I know......go  get my Dad's birthday gift! Happy Birthday Dad!
Heather

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! I have a lamp that needs some help. I need to try this! Thanks for linking this up today! :D

    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, if you're on a roll, you're on a roll. I know I was on a roll before Christmas. I made lots of CHristmas ornaments. I just kept going. Hey, my Mom says "Strike while the iron is hot"! good for you.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lampshades turned out great. What a great idea. Ha Ha I do the same I crop my photos or angle the camera to keep my mess out of the photo. Whatever works right? Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete