Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

1/26/2011

Coming to Grips...

I have something to confess. Hearts aren't all bad. I mean I still don't like them, but they're a bit more tolerable, and I'm coming to grips with that very startling new revelation. Bear with me.....this is big for me. I have felt the same way about hearts for as long as I can remember. I have to admit though....part of this change of heart {har har har} was because of this post, Paper Hearts by SmileMonsters. How can I not love those hearts. I love paper crafts of all sorts, and these were super duper quick and easy. Even better! So without any further digression let me introduce you to the Dining Room. :)

 Here's an all over view of the table. I just can't catch a break with the lighting. The sun is at the back of the house in these pictures, but you'd never guess with how much is streaming in from the front windows. I do so love all the pink. Pink, Pink, Pink, Pink!
 Here's a close up of those paper hearts. I have a dingbat font of the sweethearts candy so I printed some of my favorite ones out and then glued them to the paper hearts. I love the effect. :)
 Here's the table....kind of. I must've been drinking or something. Maybe some Creme de Menthe snuck into my coffee or something :) The mercury glass bowls and the flowers in them are recycled from my Mother's Day table scape last year. Yay for reusing. :)
 I printed out enough of those candy hearts to stick some on some skewers and then add to my flower arrangement. Cute, huh? I think so. What's funny about all the flowers in both the mantle-scape and the table-scape is that I bought them all several years apart, but yet there are Peonies in both, and a lot of the same hues of pinks. I don't deviate much. Just ask my barista. We're so friendly that she knows what my 'usual' order is and doesn't even have to ask. She only asks if I'm doing a triple or not. Love her!
So here's the table again, I love how romantically elegant it feels. I also love the fact the the pinks play oh so nicely off of my denim table runner. I made that table runner close to 5 years ago now, and it still looks good. :)

Have a terrific day guys. Tomorrow I get to unveil my new curtains, and if you were paying attention to Monday's post then you'll have already gotten a sneak peak. :) See y'all tomorrow! Oh and Monday I'm unveiling a new wreath....or maybe two. :) I'm so excited about it all! **I'm changing this. The wreaths will be shown tomorrow and the curtains on Monday. I'm also going to feature Bet's curtain that she made me next week. :) Yay!
Heather

1 comment: