Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

4/05/2011

Armil..... Wait What?

So while blog hopping a while ago {a long while ago} I saw this post {HERE} from Someday Crafts. Here's  my version. :)


I love that little stance of sophistication that the PB Armillary has.
Sorry for the awful picture, but its no longer available. Still this does not mean I don't want one. :)

So I followed her directions, mostly. :) Unfortunately, I did not take  pictures of my process, but its fairly simple.

I only have one drill hole in my hoops. I choose smaller hoops for my armillary, because my shelves are small. I think they are 4", and cost a 97 cents each. I found a pair of brass candlesticks for $4 at the Salvation Army Store (yep, I broke up a pair for this project). :)

I took each inner hoop and test fit them together. I took it apart and then applied some wood glue to the connecting points. I put the hoops back together and then wiped  off any excess glue with a damp rag. Let the hoops dry for about 1/2 hour just to make sure that if {when} I knock them around during the construction process they'll stay together. I then take my drill and drill a hole into the center of one of the hoops.

I thread the hoops around the bolt on the candlestick and then top it off with a capped nut. Bust out that spray paint and then go to town. I even put my completed piece on the shelf while partially wet. That's dedication {impatience} for you. :)

As you can see I did not add the arrow. I didn't want it. I like the simplicity of my creation. ;)

Here are some pictures of my pretty!


Well I hope you guys check back tomorrow for another project from my new set up :)
Heather

1 comment:

  1. This is neat! I would like to do something like this for outside. Thanks for the idea :D

    ReplyDelete