Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

4/04/2011

Updating the TV Space

A while ago I found these great metal picture frames at Kirkland's for $6 a piece {clearance!} and I was so happy with them, because they were perfect for our family room.  In each of the 4 picture frames I decided to put pictures of  the boys on the day they were born and then the with Steve and I. I loved how personal and sentimental it all was. Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates doesn't hurt either. :)

Then I got tired of it. I could do better. The TV space could be better. So I took it down, and then didn't like all of the orange space. :)  So then I decided that I need a little bit of new to my family room that is going cottage style.

Enter thumbprints and floating shelves. :)

Oh and a terrarium, other tchotchkes and a paint swatch. :)
Yea you're going to see that paint swatch again. In the near future I hope. :) Its got a date with a piece in my garage right now.

I'm going to be sharing various projects from this transformation including the thumb print art. :)

Have a terrific day guys!
Heather

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love that thumbprint art! Can't wait to read more!!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a really great job! Thank you for linking to Masterpiece Monday. Have a great week, Mary :O)

    ReplyDelete