Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

5/04/2011

Hello? Poison Control...

So I still have nothing to post about or to even share. At least nothing that I'm ready to share.

I feel like such a bad blogger.

I've been very busy. So has Steve, and even Dev.

Harrison has been busy, but his business causes panic.

Case in Point -

After lunch I had a major attack of the naps. I laid down and went right to sleep. I didn't mean to, but it happened. I had dental work done yesterday and woke up with pain and sinus pain this morning, but I know if I take the vicodin and an allergy med then I will be uselessly conked out, so I only took a vicodin. Two hours later the tooth was starting to throb again, so I decided that I'd take an allergy pill, figuring that it was the sinus pressure. We'd just eaten lunch, so I figured I'd be good to go. Nope! About 15 minutes after taking said pill, I'm sprawled out on the couch mouth-breathing and potentially drooling.

A phone call from Mom wakes me up. Then Harrison comes down with about 6 gummies in his hand. Where'd you get these? We don't have any gummies in the house.

OH CRAP! They're the vitamin gummies. So Steve and I race upstairs, and there at the top of the stairs is the empty bottle of Gummy Vitamins. When full this thing holds 150 gummies. It's empty. The cap is a childproof (hah!) number and its lying in Harrison's bedroom.

"Devlin, how did your brother get into the vitamins?"

"I don't know. He opened it, I guess."

"Are you sure you didn't open them? Did you eat any?"

"No and No."

Steve and I are now frantically trying to figure out how many of the gummies were left in the bottle. We figure between 1/3 and 1/4 of the bottle was left. So I call our doctor's office. They tell me to call Poison Control.

I have never, ever had to call Poison Control, but I'll tell you what. The lady I spoke to on the phone was super nice, and completely put me at ease. Since our vitamins did not have any iron in them, the only thing we have to look out for is vomiting and diarrhea. So far we're clear. Oh and his pee may be oddly colored for a bit. Phew.

So now, I'm cleaning hiding in my sewing room, while he screams about the injustice of having to take a nap.

I may need another nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment