Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

6/20/2011

How was your Father's Day?

Did you do something nice for the Dad's in your life?

I did.

Not to toot my own horn, but the hubs made out pretty durn well this year. :)

Sears was having a sale. I've been wanting to get him a propane grill for FOREVER - I went to Sears.

Can you guess what happened next?

Yep, I bought that grill, and then had Mom deliver it home for me - cause it wouldn't fit in my car.

Steve was very happy, and I am super excited about all the yummy food he will be making us.

But since I gave him his gift days early, I didn't want Sunday to come without some fanfare, so I pulled out the cookbook, invited my folks and sister over for a Dad's day brunch.

I will share tomorrow what we ate, because right now I'm going to show off the pretty cards that I made.

I did a google search for the sayings, they're not my own, but I still think they're cute.

Have I mentioned lately how much I love my Silhouette? The tie shape and the grill are both from their online store. Love.

Here's a close up of each card.
Hey look, my printer is running out of ink! Terrific! Oh well, I still ran with it. :)
The font I used on this card is one of my favorites. Its called Fulton Marker Light. I love the grunginess of it.

So tomorrow I will share the main event of the Dad's day brunch, but I hope you guys enjoyed my small creations today :)

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment