Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy


More Dahling Dahlias!

I'm at it again. I cannot get enough of these felt dahlias, of course now I want to add flowers to everything, but so far I've been able to restrain myself. Almost.

I may have gotten my fix. About 9 times over.

So you guys remember when I made my Dahling Headband?

Yep these are the same dahlias.

I just added some yellow seed beads to center. I just added a drop of hot glue to the centers, and then poured the seed beads over the hot glue. When the glue had cooled a bit, I pressed the beads down into it, and then just shook off the excess.

Then I let all 9 flowers sit for about a month while my sewing room got ravamped, but last night I decided it was time to finish this project.

I had gotten some pretty  yellow linen from Ikea a while back and it'd even been all washed up. Saves me time. :) So I cut out two 15" squares and then sewed up 3.25 of the seams. Why the quarter, because on that 4th side I sewed about 2" in from each corner, just so the corner would be nice and finished. :)

After turning the pillow I folded it in half, and then ironed a line down the center, then I brought each edge to my ironed middle line and ironed 2 more lines. I rotated the pillow 90 degrees and then did it again. So I ended up with a nice grid that had 9 intersections of ironed lines.

I stuffed a small cardboard square into the pillow, because I did not want to accidentally glue the two side together. The fabri-tac was then whipped out and I proceeded to paint the bottoms of the dahlias with glue and then stuck them on to the pillow at the ironed intersections. I made sure to press each one down, and then as I was working another project I would place the stuff I was working with on the pillow to add some weight and help those flowers stick. Not that I was worried, because fabri-tac bonds everything nice and tight, but you know - the boys.

The boys likes to play- hard, and my darling pillow may not be able to stand up to their type of playing.

So after the glue was dry, and I had a nice night's sleep, I removed the cardboard, and shoved my pillow form into the linen and then sewed up the opening.
Isn't she precious? She's going in my bedroom, which is going to get a summer makeover just as soon as I wash the sheets. Which maybe should be sometime in the near future, hopefully. ;-)

Have a great day guys!


  1. holy cow, that's a lotta work! turned out great!!

  2. OH MY HECK! I love this pillow! You did such a good job! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!

  3. I love how it turned out. I probably would not have the patience to make 9 felt dahlias. LOL.

  4. Such a cute pillow! I have been wanting to try making some pillows and I might have to give this one a try. Thanks for the inspiration!

  5. I love this pillow! I am featuring it on my site on Monday, June 6th!

  6. Beautiful! I love it and it's so pretty for summer!

  7. You have a pretty, pretty pillow! Thanks for sharing!

  8. Oh well done for finishing this amazing project! Those flowers are just incredible! BEAUTIFUL cushion!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

  9. I love this pillow! I can't wait to make my daughter one for her room! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!

  10. Heather - the pillow is gorgeous! Love the Dahlias - so pretty! Fab job! Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase Party. I am a little behind commenting - but I have featured this Monday. Hope you are having a wonderful week ~ Stephanie Lynn

  11. Wow--that is awesome! I love white & yellow together. Great job.