Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

6/08/2011

Tracking Behavior and Chores

For some time now, my girlfriends and I have been commiserating about our kids' behavior.

We didn't get it. Why were normally well behaved children turning into demon spawn?

Well, I introduced more chores for Dev, and that seemed to work, but only partially.

A girlfriend introduced a behavior chart and her son has been improving a lot. So I decided that I would also incorporate a behavior chart, but I also wanted a way for Dev to track his chores and what he'd done that day and so on.

So the scrapbook folder and Photoshop was busted out.

I've been digital scrapbooking for almost 5 years now, and I have amassed quite a collection.

So I went through and picked out a kit that had the colors and elements that I wanted. I ended up using Elementary Grammar from Peppermint Creative. I love their kits. :)

So after playing around for a couple evenings, this is what I came up with.

The paper size is 11 x 17, which is oh so helpful, because I have an 11 x 17 frame that I'm no longer using. Funny how that works. :)

Here's the chart in action.

The bottom portion is on the wall so that Dev can reach it, but not Harrison. Stephen or I will fill out the top - based on his behavior.


So far Dev is stoked about his chart. He loves marking stuff off on it. He's also easily influenced by getting all smiley faces. :)
If he goes a week with doing most of his chores {without being told} and having mostly smiley faces, then he's going to get rewarded. He's already told us he wants money so he can put it in his savings account. :) Such a good kid. :)

Have a great day guys!
Heather

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a great chart, love how you have combined the two!

    ReplyDelete