Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

8/15/2011

Teaching Stitching

So in my continued quest to teach Devlin to sew, I picked up a felt ornament kit from Michael's.  This kit has 3 different ornamnets in it and they all required hand sewing.

Devlin was excited to start so we sat down Friday afternoon and started making the first one.

The first stitch was a chain stitch which I stitched for him but I showed him the basics if needlecraft.

The next step was a satin stitch and we made several stars. The big white on towards the top is Devlin's star.

After that it was time to do the backstitch around the entire tree. Devlin did the entire top of the tree, and when I had gotten close to the end - Devlin stuffed the tree. His small fingers made quick work of it.

Then I finished off the tree. Devlin tackled the star topper and then I attached it to he tree.

I am so proud of him and he is so proud of our combined effort. Only 2 more to go!




No comments:

Post a Comment