Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

8/04/2011

You're cheating yourself....?

These would be the words uttered to me today during Muscle Up by the instructor/leader.

Uh? I've been to the gym 8 times in the last 10 days, and to this class twice, and she told me today I needed to up my handheld weights.

Excuse me? We did 190 reps of all the exercises today. My arms felt like jelly even with 2.5 lbs and you want me to lift 10 pounds? In each hand.

You're insane.

I'll admit I probably could have gone a little heavier during some of the exercises, and definitely 10 pound weights would have made awesome braces for all of the 190 push ups we did today, but I seriously cannot imagine doing 190 shoulder presses with 10 pounds.

I might have injured myself.

My elbow might have failed, thus causing said 10 pound weight to fall upon my cranium and then give me concussion.

Then where would I be? I'll tell you where - pissed off and with a headache.

I will increase my weight....but to 5 pounds. There's no need in injuring myself because you think that just because I did the final 4 reps with 10 pounds that I would have been able to do all of them with them.

I do love the class though. I have just the right amount of soreness for doing all of the work we did today, and I can't wait for next week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment