Follow Sew Half Crazy via email...

Sayonara week 11. You weren't great. My calves hate you. Isn't that a great welcome? Hello Monday. You suck. Ok, not really...

The Monday Report

By 8/03/2015 , , , ,

The Monday Report

Sayonara week 11.

You weren't great. My calves hate you.

Isn't that a great welcome? Hello Monday. You suck.

Ok, not really, but I'm feeling a bit feisty.

I'm frustrated that I'm finding it harder and harder to wake up for my early morning runs.

The alarm is getting a bit too easy to turn off.

Set more alarms you say? I have 3.

The crumminess of these week has given me clear and concise goals to shoot for this week. There is a silver lining!!

I am getting ahead of myself, though. First things first.



The Rundown


The Rundown - Week 11

Monday - A glorious, adventure-seeking scavenger hunt of a run. I ran with a fellow MRTT momma, and had a blast despite the oppressive heat and humidity. We banged out 4 miles, varying our pace, a lot. That was unintentional.

Tuesday - Rest day. Felt antsy all day though. A short run might've helped.

Wednesday - Supposed to be an easy run, but it turned into more of a threshold run that didn't tell me it was a threshold run until the last uphill half mile. Ugh. It felt great though. I tried out a new route and killed it. I sang the whole way. Literally, sang the whole way. Didn't go to zumba though. My calves were telling me about my antics by mid-morning.

Thursday - Rest day. Calves hurt. Gave them some TLC. Met up with the girls for some wine that evening, probably not the best plan considering I had an early morning run Friday scheduled.

Friday - What? You want me to wake up? You're funny. Oh hun, you're going to be late for your training. Excuse me, while I roll back over and catch another hour of sleep?!? Seriously, tired. I stayed up too late, and should not have had wine the night before. I am finding that I cannot drink wine the night before an early run. The mind doesn't like it. Doesn't mean that I haven't done it.  No run occurred.

On a high note - July's miles totalled 53.6 miles. Not too shabby.

Saturday - Apparently my pace control decided not to show up. The run was pretty easy until the 1/2 way point, and then it got hard. I don't know why. My splits show a pretty accurate picture of how hard the latter half of the run was.

  1. 10:30
  2. 10:26
  3. 10:43
  4. 10:44
  5. 11:15
  6. 11:48
  7. 11:03
  8. 11:51
  9. 12:34
  10. 12:07
  11. 12:27 (average pace for the 1/2 mile)

My hips really started complaining up some of the steeper hills. I walked the 2 steepest on the run, and then grandpa-shuffled up the last. I had to dig really deep to finish.

The last 1.5 miles were brutal.

The heat and humidity were not helping either. I just keep telling myself it's just prepping me for VA Beach.

 I finished 10.56 miles in 2 hours. Average pace was 11:21, which is still good enough to beat my goal, but it's a little too close for comfort.

Motivation Moment


My Goals for This Week


So last week's goals weren't hard, but apparently I couldn't reach any of them. I could maybe give myself a nod for the speedwork goal, because I did kill it on Wednesday. I didn't make it to a spin class though, I went out with the girls. We've already discussed the pace. Let's not rehash that.


8 Hours of sleep a night
means early bedtimes before those early run days. 
Continue Pace Work
Cross Train More

Well that's another week in the books. Next week will be better. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments