Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

3/18/2016

Pattern Review - McCall's 7261

I put off making this pattern for a few reasons.
 - Exercise clothes are scary.
 - They have a tough job.
 - Knits can be a pain in the rear. 
I finally put on my big girl pants and knocked out the shirt. The shirt was overly worrisome because I like my tops to be a little looser. 

I did discover that I need a larger thumb hole than the pattern calls for, but that's not really a big issue. 

I liked that this pattern had some pizazz. What's even crazier is that I had this sucker cut out before Christmas, and I'm only just now getting around to it.

Want to know something even sadder? It took me less than 3 hours to sew up the entire thing. I could've had this thing done in December.

I did pull a bonehead move with the pants, though. I forgot to lengthen them. I don't know how or why I forgot to lengthen them. I have to lengthen just about everything, and I always have to lengthen pants. Oh well, they make marvelous capris! 

The pattern went together really quickly, and there really isn't anything to nitpick.  I made sure to pick similar knits for the pants, so that the stretch wasn't an issue. The teal knit is slightly heavier, which is why I used it for the shirt, and the top of the pants. The brown knit on the pants is the lightest of the knits, which is why it's towards my ankles. The leopard print is some dancewear material that I couldn't live without.

I think I could definitely see me making the shirt again, and if I can figure out how to get the pants fitting just right around the waist, I'd be willing to make another pair. 


The I opted to not even bother with the thumb holes in the 2nd cuff. I still like how long the sleeves are.

The pants aren't tight enough, but I can fix that, by either adding a drawstring, or remembering that for next time, and adding some elastic to the waist.


I hope you enjoyed today's post. Next week I'll be sharing the purple jacket I wore before and after the half marathon. Have a terrific weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment