Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

6/01/2016

What to Eat Wednesday - A Berry-liscious Salsa


You know how you pin a bunch of stuff on Pinterest and then you never seem to get around to making or copying what you've pinned? 

That is not the case here. I pinned this fruit salsa {click HERE for the original recipe} a while ago, and then made it for our monthly girl's night. It was a hit! 

Some background, I'm not really one for fresh fruit. I don't like a lot of fruit either. I'm weird. My kids love fruit. The hubs loves fruit. I'm the odd one out, but I saw this fresh fruit salad, and I knew that it could be something even I liked. 



The best thing about this salsa is that it makes a ton! I left out the melon, because I don't like melon, but did add the kiwi. 

You could also add banana, blueberries, blackberries, or get a little creative with some tropical fruits. 

I used apricot preserves for my salsa, because I do love me some apricots. Especially dried ones. 

This salsa is especially good with graham crackers. I found the cinnamon tortilla crisps to be just a little to weak to hold a nice big scoop of the salsa. 

Oh, I also used it as a topping for waffles, but on Angel food cake or ice cream it'd be equally delectable. I do love a versatile recipe! 

I hope you guys give this recipe a try and tweak it up a bit, because change is the only constant in life. 

Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment