Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

12/09/2016

Flashback Friday - Dahlia Ornaments


So anyone who knows me, knows that there are certain flowers that I just love. Poppies. Gerbera Daisies. Dahlias.

Did you guys see my hat from a few weeks ago? I do love me some big dahlias, and these ornaments are perfect for your Christmas decorating.



Original Post from December 10, 2013


I've decorated with all of these flowers before, but dahlias seem to be the ones that I craft first, then decorate. They're easy to create from a multitude of materials. This dahlia pillow was created from felt. So when I {PINNED} this dahlia wreath, I knew I wanted to make it. I just didn't know it'd be in the form of an ornament.


This project is so simple, but it is a bit time consuming. Making all those paper cones can be tedious. Luckily, with the new baby and all the hubs and I had some major tv show catching up to do. So while we were catching up on all of our shows, I just sat there and made tiny paper cones from my 1974 dictionary. Love this dictionary.



After I got all my paper cones made, I glued them down to 3" wooden circles and was done. Or so I thought. Then I came across some gold GlitterBlast spray paint I had. Tee Hee. After a couple of shots of the glitter, my ornaments were done!



Love these things! It sure is hard to capture how glittery they are tho!

You do need to be careful packing these, but they still look great on the tree this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment