Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

10/04/2010

Dr. Seuss Birthday Party!

Saturday was Harrison's very first birthday! Yay!

For his birthday we had a Dr. Seuss themed party for him. We didn't snag the photos that Steve's father took. Doh! I'll have to bug him for them :) Here's what we got though.

This is the view from our front  door. We have some trees from the Lorax. I made the pom-poms from Martha's site, but I alternated colors of  tissue paper since I did not have enough of any one color.






Here's the mantle! We didn't do a whole lot in the family room, because that's where the kids were all going to play. 

Walking into the kitchen, we had one more tree.

The hats did get put around each setting, eventually. :)

Here's the banner that Dev and I made early one morning two weeks ago. He was so proud of it.


The food is waiting to be served. I wish we had a picture of the island with all the food on it.

I had a little too much fun with the crepe paper. I don't have a picture of it, but the dining room's chandelier was also done up with crepe paper.

I found all of the gift bags stuff in the $1 at Target a few months back. They turned out so cute!


Here are the cakes. Steve made the Hat cake, which Harrison was oh so excited for when we pulled it out. The 'clover' cake balls proved to be a bit of a pain, but ended up tasting good regardless.


An appropriate movie for the theme :)

Here is the center piece over the island was a lot of fun to do. Even if I did have the hubs take the pictures while I was writing this post. :)



Here are my guys, waiting for the guests to arrive. Hopefully I can get the other pictures to share with you guys. In the mean time....Here's a guy that knows this cake is for him!

Such a handsome pair!

The hat last about 1 second after this picture was taken and H started using it as a spear. :) Oh on the day of the party, he learned to stand up from a sitting position without using anything for support, and his walking skills have improved so much over the weekend!

Dev was the hat-patrol during the party. He was the only kid to wear his hat and he gave hats to all of the adults and he made sure that they wore them the whole party.

I hope you guys had a good weekend. We ended Harrison's birthday with three of us coming down with a stomach bug....ugh. Hopefully it passes soon, because I am so excited to clean up the party decorations (yes, they're still up, remember I'm sick) and get Halloween going!

Have a great day everyone!
Heather

Linking up to Polly Wants a Crafter!

2 comments:

  1. so cute I love all the colors you chose, it looks like a page straight out of a dr. seuss book! My daughter would love this, she's been obsessed with the cat in the hat since the new show on pbs came out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute I am glad you shared this with me, lots of great ideas.

    ReplyDelete