Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

12/30/2010

2010: In Review

So I started this blog back in February and my how its grown. This has become my job, which I love, because it gives me a purpose during my time. A purpose that is my own and not solely centered on the kids, which I need. I'm not going to lie to you guys and tell you that I'm one of these people who is wholly consumed by their children, because I'm not. I'd go insane. So I figured I'd share with you guys the top posts from then year and then fill in with a few that are my faves. :)

I know I said I'd show off my mantle....but its not done, so Friday will be a two-fer day. :) I know. It doesn't happen often so everyone get out those red markers :) These are in order of most visits, just lettin' you know.


1. Straight Stitches
Is it wrong to include my homepage in the countdown? I don't know if it is or isn't but the main page has been visited over 4,000 times since I started tracking with Analytics. I find that kind of impressive so I'm adding it. :)

2. Coup de Coeur
This beauty was a long time coming and raked in first place with over 1,000 page views. :) I love 25% off days at the Salvation Army Store in Manassas, which by the way...are on Wednesday.

3. Win and a Fail
This was was a pleasant surprise. Especially since its a week old. :) Coming in with just shy of 700 page views is the pocket watch ornament!

4.Finishing Needed
I have not forgotten that I promised to show off my fully completed laundry room, and I will. Next year. :) She's done, but right now the room is fighting the good fight against all of the laundry created during the holiday. :) To give you an idea of the battle being fought; our laundry sorter in our master bath battled valiantly but sadly perished under the weight of the load it was asked to carry. With the rest of Stephen's time off, I've requested him to build another laundry sorter (reusing the insert from our fallen comrade) out of 1/2" dowels and 2x4's. If we break that then we definitely need to do laundry more often. ;-)

5. The NEW and IMPROVED Craft Room
I wish my craft room still looked like this. It will again. As soon as I clean up everything from the Christmas rush, but here for your viewing pleasure is the way it should look. All year long.

6. Dr. Seuss Birthday Party! 
For H's first birthday we threw him a Seussian bash, that if I may say so myself was a hit! I had so much fun gearing up for this party and so did Dev for that matter. He was so excited to show off everything for his little bro's party. He's such a good big brother. :)

7. A Pair of Baths
Over the summer, I was quite ambitious one weekend. I dropped the kids off with my grandmother and then set about revamping both of their bathrooms in one weekend. I'll tell you what. I don't think I've ever worked so hard in two days than I did with that, but the bathrooms turned out great. The boys love them, and I had a blast. :)

8. Quilled Name
Here is my second quilled project this year. I ended up completing 6 quilled projects in all this year, and each one was a blast. I'll have to share the others after the New Year, but here is the 2nd one, and by far the most complex of all of them.

9. Little Red Cabinet
This cabinet was the biggest pain. Mostly because I could not decide what to do with those blasted doors, but as frustrating as she was....she's been well worth the wait, because she has been loved. Both by me as a storage piece and by Harrison as a drum. You may be wondering what drumsticks sound like on this cabinet and I wouldn't know, because the drumsticks H preferred for a while were empty glass baby food jars that I turned into votive holders. Nice, right? Well, its a good thing that baby food jars are resilient because sometimes they took a beating before I could pry them out of his claw-like grasp.

So now I'm going to share with you a couple of my favorite posts from when I first started this blog.

10. Fun Photo Shoot
So this is maybe a month into my blogging experience, but I had such fun with my boys that I had to share it again with you guys. :)

11. Knocking Off a Knock-Off
I have to share this sweet story. Even though the plan did not go as plan the sweetness behind the act is still making me chuckle. Here's how we created part of our Easter tablescape, and the catastrophe that ensued. :)

Well I hope all of you enjoyed this little trip down memory lane and will join us tomorrow for the very first ever Two-fer Friday. Dana will have her regularly scheduled Friday Food Frenzy, which if I remember correctly is going to be about Wassail and then later in the day I will be showing off my mantle, which by the divine grace of some deity will finally be complete. :)

Have a great day guys!

Heather


Linking up to:

1 comment:

  1. Great trip down memory lane! Thanks for sharing it. Fabulous year and looking forward to another fabulous one with you in 2011.

    Elizabeth
    More Than A Mom

    ReplyDelete