Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

1/03/2011

2011 Resolutions

Happy first post of 2011. I hope all of you had wonderful New Year's! Well its that time again.....RESOLUTION TIME!!!

Don't you just love this time of year? The time of year that all of us make promises for things we're {not} going to do for the upcoming year. Now this is not true for all  of us, but I'm willing to bet my right tooth that most of us fall into that category. Any who, I'm going to publish my resolutions this year. No, I am not setting myself up to fail, and I'm going to try accomplish all of them. I would like to accomplish some of them. Maybe like two. I'd be happy with two. Then again...I don't know yet how many I have. Let's just wing it!


1. I'd like to start exercising regularly. At my yearly girl appointment {a month ago} my doc kindly informed that I'd gained exactly 25 lbs. What?!?! Terrific. She thinks it could be the birth control, but you know what? That weight gain puts me up at 276 lbs. Holy Crap!?!? ugh. Ok so I need to get my fat ass mobile. More mobile than what the boys do for me. So I will be cutting down on what I eat. No, I am not changing how I eat. I like how I eat....I'll just eat less. The doc likes this idea. :) So here's to getting more physical activity into my days and eating not as much yummy food {hopefully}.

2. Organize that Kitchen!!! Our kitchen needs some organizing love, and luckily, Stephen is with me on this particular dilemma. We're hoping to organize the kitchen in Jan. I would love to have the kitchen organized by Feb. 1. Wish me luck!

3. Household Chores. Ugh. I hate them. Steve hates them. They're an awful, appalling evil necessity of running a functioning home. We're bad about staying on top of laundry and dishes. Those will be the two areas we focus on. Wish us luck in these never ending battles!

4. Crafting. I have a problem. I think we all do. So many projects that we would like to get done and not enough time. I would like to get better about managing my craft projects. I would like to have 2, maybe 3, projects on my plate at one time. Right now its probably about 8 or 9 projects. I want to whittle that down and then manage the 2 or 3. I may even start keeping a running list of the projects I've got going on and which ones are next in line. That may help keep my head about me. :)

So I think that's all I've got for my resolution list. What are y'all's resolutions?
Heather

1 comment:

  1. I'm in the same boat: too much weight, too much laundry, too much kitchen chaos, too much craft chaos...I think I've been knitting a lot lately just to avoid actually going into my craft room! Here's to a slimmer, more organized and less hectic 2011.

    ReplyDelete