Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

1/24/2011

Don't think much of hearts...

I am so impressed/excited with myself. Do you want to know why? Well I'm going to tell you why. I am excited/impressed with myself because this is the third month in a row where I've had an official 'theme' for my mantle!   Yay me!

Ok, please hold your applause to the end. I'm gonna start off by saying that I'm not really a fan of hearts. No, not the organ - the shape. I don't really care for them. Of all the shapes out there, hearts are my least favorite. I don't even know why I feel this way about hearts. I roll my eyes when I see a heart covered valentine. I laugh at those overly sappy heart-filled valentines day cards {or any card for that matter}. I don't do sappy. Let me clarify I don't do overly sensitive, guys crying while pouring their hearts out sappy. I will laugh. A lot. I may even point at you while doing it.

Suffice to say that I am not a sappy heart-loving person, which is why I did not include many hearts in the mantle display. There are three in this display, and I covered them in moss to make the more palatable for me. :) I'm awful aren't I? But eh....its my quirk and its my mantle......so there. :-P


I did include my favorite flowers {I say favorite like I only have one...I really love all flowers}. Those 'favorite' flowers are in shades of shocking pink, spicy red and princess pink! I finally added some pink to the house! Woot! So without further ado.......Let's get this party started!
Here's the view from the walkway. I even added some azaleas to my black vase. Look at me....bringing the color off the mantle. :)  
Here's a closer shot! BTW...I really hate trying to take pictures of the mantle in the morning, because the back of the house gets FULL morning sun. Can we say difficult? 
Here's that paper cone wreath that I'm still in love with. I added magnets to the back of   all the pieces up there so I can change them out easily. The flowers in the display are dahlias, peonies, roses and dogwood. Love! 
I forget where I found that printable, but thank you to whomever made it. I love it! Devlin was quite put out with me when I moved that butterfly to this side of the mantle he liked where it had been. Oh and the little silver jar is from my Mother's Day Tablescape last year. They are a little more distressed than they had been because of some small fry I know. :) 
The other side of the mantle. Love that pewter vase with the dogwoods! The art in that frame is from moi! Oh and those two little golden hued frames are from a whole stash of frames like that that I scored for $2 at a yard sale 2 years ago.  
In order to pacify Dev's ire at me. I let him move some pieces around to add his touch to the mantle. He told me to put the spray in the white vase after I placed the other two, and then group those three together. Its scary how good of an eye he has. I am so very proud. Harrison had to get in on the action. Luckily all I had to do was pick him up so he could get a closer look at what I was working on. :) 
I made this art too. I got the eye from the Graphics Fairy
Well I hope that you guys enjoyed my mantle tribute to Valentine's day. I am thoroughly enjoying having the playful colors up there, and even though I really liked my winter mantle I am glad that we're slowly creeping closer to Spring. Have a terrific day guys!
Heather

I'm linking up to:
Visit thecsiproject.com

5 comments:

  1. I'm not a big 'heart' fan either...definitely my least favorite shape as well! And I don't do sappy. Any "chick flick" I have seen, has been totally accidental or by coercion hehehe...I'm still loving that wreath!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that Olive you thing too....and i don't remember who did it, but i liked it and saved it in case i decide to use it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I <3 the alphabet one! Where did you get that idea?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, awesome job on the Valentine decor! Thank you for linking to Masterpiece Monday. Mary :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great looking mantle! I LOVE the book page wreath! I found you through tatertots and jello!

    ReplyDelete