Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

7/27/2011

What a Gallery!

So gallery walls have been on my mind a lot lately.

Makes sense since all of my pictures had to come down for the painting, and since I was starting off with a blank canvas {again} I decided to change up the picture walls again. :)

A few days ago, Stephanie Lynn from Under the Table and Dreaming posted up a gallery wall inspiration post {see it here}, and it got me thinking.

So here's the beginning of my gallery wall. :)
 What do you guys think? I love that its one of the first things I see when I come into the house.
It's not done yet, but I like  that there's room  to grow.

Here's a shot of it from the living room.

I have figured out that I need to print out more pictures of the kids and not just have them live on the computer, because I had to start stealing pictures from other places.
I stole two pictures from here, but you know what I'm ok with that, because I think this whole wall is going to move to the rest of the gallery on the remaining walls in the stairwell.

You guys might recognize some of the pictures, and this project.

There's also some kid art up there! My dear nephew drew this for us last year. :) You can also see my dad's Hargrave picture there. :) He's so handsome, and he looks just like H. Don't you guys agree?

Here's a fresh off the presses picture of H for you guys to compare too. :)

Well that's all I've got for you guys today. I can't wait to see this wall expand and grow. I have more pictures to hang, but I think I'm going to take my time and let it evolve.

See you guys later. :)
Heather

PS - its the hubs birthday today. :) Happy Birthday Sweetheart! I can't wait for our dates this week, and I hope that today is a good day for you {dentist appointment and all} :)

1 comment:

  1. I have an identical stair spot where i intend to do a similar thing so thanks for the ideas and the link.
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete