Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

8/16/2011

A Belated Birthday Gift

So Steve's birthday was about 3 weeks ago, and I had a linen shirt done for him - almost.

The buttons for that shirt seemed to have disappeared. I ended up having to buy more buttons for him.

Don't you hate when buttons wander off? I do. :)

So without much more ado here's the shirt and the pattern.

I used a Simplicity pattern that I've used before {see here}.

Its a nice pattern for all the men {boys} in your life.

I altered mine a little by adding some decorative stitching to the front and center back of Steve's shirt, along with the pockets. Sorry for the blurriness.


Its the first time I've ever tried anything as detailed as that, and I think it turned out pretty well. :)  The front stitching is not perfectly straight, but perfection does not have character, right? ;-)

I used a double needle for the pocket and double lines. Double needles rock your socks off! I love them. I'm going to have to find more uses for them!

All that matters is that Steve likes it, and thankfully he does! :)

I'll see you guys tomorrow!
Heather

3 comments:

  1. You did a really nice job on the shirt! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Wish my hubby would wear linen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you through the blog party - beautiful job! I've had twin needles for a year now and haven't broken them out of the packet and given them a go yet. Your inspiration is just the nudge I need.

    ReplyDelete