Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

8/18/2011

Baby Instructions...

So one of my very dear friends is having a baby, and when she announced that she was pregnant some months ago - I knew just what quilt to make the new baby.

I'm relatively new to quilting, but in my searches early on (when I was getting interested in it) I came across this quilt tutorial at Moda Bake Shop.

Its call the Baby Life Quilt, and its adorable. What's better?!?! It works for any baby, any style.

My friend is doing a Classic Pooh scheme in the new boy's nursery, and while I found tons of adorable Classic Pooh fabric, I did not buy any of it.

I want this quilt to be able to be used for a while, and not be niched into just the infant category. I'd like her to be able to use this quilt for a good long while. So I picked fabrics that were yellow, brown, green and blue. Still within Classic Pooh colors, but a little more modern. I'm going to do a zig-zag stitch around these letters in a dark brown. I think that'll set them off nicely. Oh and I'm not certain about the fabric I used for 'eat'. I was thinking maybe I could use the harlequin pattern from 'repeat', but I'm not 100% on that yet. What do you guys think?
Here's a close up!

So here's where I'm at right now. Only the word 'repeat' has been ironed down to my background fabric, but this baby should not take very long to do. The only thing I'm scared of is the quilting part. In all the past quilts I've done - I've only done straight line quilting, but this time I think I'd like to maybe try some freehand quilting. Eeek!

Wish me luck!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment