Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

10/07/2015

What to Eat Wednesday - Easy Pumpkin Biscuits

What to Eat Wednesday

It's been awhile since I've had material for Wednesday's feature, but yesterday I tried out a recipe I got from my grandmother and it was a huge hit. Not that there was a doubt, because when I had these biscuits at my grandmother's house a few weeks back, I couldn't stop eating them! So I didn't really care if the kids would like them or not, because I do. I didn't have to worry though, the kids devoured them.

I had a dozen yesterday, I have none left this morning. Good thing I'm making another batch today.

The lovely thing about this recipe is that its quick, easy and doesn't contain a lot of fussy ingredients.

I don't know about everyone else's home, but in our house we always have canned pumpkin on hand. Our family loves pumpkin!

Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin Praline Delight, Pumpkin Mousse, Pumpkin Cheesecake.

We have serious pumpkin love. So without more of my rambling here is the recipe! I think this recipe is from Southern Living. I'm not sure though. My sister snapped a picture of the recipe right before we had to end our visit.


Pumpkin Biscuits



Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 C Flour
  • 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp Sugar
  • 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
  • 1/4 C Butter, melted
  • 3/4 C Pumpkin Puree, canned

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 
  2. Sift all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the butter and pumpkin and mix well, a soft dough will form.  
  3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 6-8 times until smooth. Roll dough to a 1/2" thickness. Use a 2" circle cutter, dipped in flour, cut dough. Reroll scraps once. Place biscuits on baking sheet. 
  4. Bake until lightly golden, 10-12 minutes. Serve warm with honey or apple butter, if you want. 
Store these biscuits in an air-tight container. I like them better after having sit for a bit in the container. They're so delightfully soft. 

Apple butter is delicious on these. The hubs likes honey better. 

We had them with Spaghetti last night and the tomato sauce smeared on the biscuits was also delicious. It reminded the hubs of a pumpkin ravioli we had one year for our anniversary. 

I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as we do. I'm off to make another batch.


No comments:

Post a Comment