Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

12/29/2015

Here we go a cabling....

I think I've mentioned before that I didn't want to start knitting. 

I didn't need a new hobby. I REALLY didn't need a new hobby. 

I'm so glad that I did learn, and it's now one of my favorite things to do when I can catch a moment to sit, usually while watching tv. 

It was during those moments I was able to sit that I as able to knit up this fun sweater for my sister.
 

I was excited to start this project, because I've never done cables before. They're really not difficult, and do make the project seem to fly along. Probably because you can see your work progressing. 

I used a pattern from Knit Simple's Fall 2014 edition. It was quite simple to follow. I was a little nervous because some of my early knitting adventures, well, they didn't go so well. 

I am quite please that this one did. 

There was supposed to be a skirt that accompanied this sweater, but I'll get there. I ran out of time. 

At least she can wear the sweater as is. The sleeves are a might long, but luckily, she's likes being able to pull them down over her hands. 

Now, I should start planning on how to make her skirt....

No comments:

Post a Comment