Follow Us @SewHalfCrazy

2/22/2016

The Monday Report - Week 6

The Monday Report

Training last week, started off really strong, then sickness invaded the house. All the kids shared some nasty stomach bug, which meant plan changes for me, but it's all ok.

Everyone is now healthy, and hopefully it stays that way for a bit. 

There's not much else going on, so let's just get to the meat of the report. 


THE RUNDOWN


Tuesday - It was a crazy weather day. School was called because of snow and ice, and then by 2 it was almost 50 degrees. I decided to go out and enjoy the warmer weather with get in my 4 miles outside. The weather was gorgeous, even with the wind, it was lovely. My legs were still tired from the long run on Sunday, but I just continued on at a pace that felt comfortable. I didn't look at my watch to see how fast or slow I was going. The only thing that mattered was to keep going at what felt good. My legs did eventually loosen up, and I made sure to really stretch them when I was done. It was a great run. 4 miles done. 

Sunday- I was supposed to run for 90 minutes, but instead, I decided that I'd run the 2nd battle loop at the battlefield instead. It might've taken me 90 minutes, if I'd gone slower, but I was a woman on a mission. I had a busy day Sunday, and I stole the time I spent running. I chatted with my sister the whole time, and it was lovely. I'm so glad she's my person. She urged me on when I needed it, and told me to slow down when I'd shriek because I'd lost my footing in the mud. She made fun of me, when I needed a laugh. Sisters are lovely at knowing just what you need when you need it. The run was amazing. Cathartic. I really needed it. It rained, it was muddy, and on the chilly side, but it was absolutely marvelous. I could've run when it was sunny and in the 60's, but really, what kind of story does that make? Considering the muck and mud I ran through, I'm really impressed with the 13:07 pace. I almost lost my shoes several times, because of the mud.


Mile 1 - 12:34
Mile 2 - 13:47
Mile 3  - 13:28
Mile 4 - 13:27
Mile 5 - 12:38
Mile 6 - 12:30 (.58 of a mile)



Goals

My goals last week, weren't difficult, and so I'm going to keep 2 of them. I didn't get 5 workouts in, the kids got hit with a stomach bug that I used as an excuse to stay home. I also had volunteer commitments that were stressing me out, so I had another excuse. I really need to stop that. This 40 day thing is not going well. I did get in my long run, so I'm chalking that up to a win, but this is staying on my list.

Pushing myself this week, wasn't an issue. The two runs I did do were glorious. They weren't the best, and they didn't even feel the best at times, but I never stopped and I really couldn't be happier. I only slowed at the battlefield when safety became an issue, but there were plenty of times where I did push through and am lucky I didn't land on my behind. I also slowed when a pair of horseriders were coming down the hill toward me. I'd rather not upset something so much bigger than me, not mention it was a swamp going up that hill, so it was slower going anyway.

Stretching. I did stretch after each run. I need to devote a day to pilates or yoga or something. My flexibility has gone to crap, and really, stretching just feels so dang good. I need to stretch. This is staying on my list.

So the goals for this week are like this -

  1. Work out. Do your workouts. No one is sick, and your volunteer commitments are getting lighter. Just work out. Stop being a wuss. 
  2. S   T   R   E  T    C   H
    This should not be hard. Stretching is one of your favorite things after a run, that and the after run snack. Maybe I need to hold my after run snack hostage. No snack if no stretch. This may work. 
  3. Go to bed! Seriously. I don't function well on little sleep. I know this, yet I continue to go to bed at midnight or later, even when I know my alarms are going to start going off at 6:30. I tried to go to bed at 11 last night, but still didn't fall asleep until after midnight. Argh. This area needs the most improvement right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment